A simple, yet delicious vegetable fried rice perfect for an easy weeknight meal…
Whether you are a vegetarian, pescetarian, Lacto-ovo-vegetarian, or a meat-eater this is one of those recipes that everyone can enjoy.
This was my first attempt to make fried rice– it came out SO GOOD. I particularly don’t like to add eggs on my fried rice, therefore this recipe is perfect for my vegan friends.
If you do like to consume meat, you can pair this recipe with fish, chicken, Beef Stir Fry or just as it is!
I love this recipe because you can add any vegetable. I added greens peas, red peppers and green onions.
- 4 cups of cooked white rice (no salt added)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red or green pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup of frozen green peas
- 1 bunch (about 6) of scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil (optional)
- 3 tablespoon of Soy sauce (add more if necessary)
-Heat the oil in a Wok or a Non-stick Large skillet. Add half of the scallions, green or red pepper, ginger and garlic. Stir until fragrant.
-Add the cooked rice, followed by the soy sauce and the toasted sesame oil. Mix until well combined.
–Stir in the frozen Peas and let them cook for about 5 minutes.
-Serve hot and sprinkle more scallions on top. Check this recipe for Beef Stir Fry!
You can use leftover rice, just make sure to taste for salt before adding the Soy sauce.
If you like this recipe share your thoughts with us!