Disclosure: I received Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto for free from Moms Meet (Momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinion. Johanny’s Kitchen might get compensation for the review.
Today’s recipe is all about simplicity but lots of flavors; It is a great recipe to make for those busy back-to-school nights when the kid’s homework and house chores get together to rob your peace. **sigh**
This gnocchi with creamy pesto sauce is to-die-for! The dish is so simple to make– all you need is a jar of good pesto sauce (yes! you can find delicious pesto out there), such as Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto gnocchi, cream, and parmesan cheese. The recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes, and it goes delicious with chicken or even seafood!
Why do I like Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto?
In my opinion, it is the closest thing to the real deal, plus it is a flavor-packed, versatile, and convenient pantry staple that satisfies cravings for Italian food. This pesto has a creamy, smooth texture and savory taste, ideal for cooking pasta and grains. My daughter loves to spread it on chicken sandwiches and even eat it with her breakfast.
Let’s get to the recipe!
Gnocchi with Creamy Pesto
- 1 lb. pre-packed potato gnocchi
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cook the gnocchi according to the packet instructions (about two minutes). Gnocchi will float once cooked.
- Once cooked, remove from water and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the heavy cream and add the Barilla Pesto Sauce. Stir until well combined
- Add the Gnocchis to the sauce and stir until well combined. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Easy, versatile, and comes together in no time! add sundried tomatoes and mushrooms for extra flavor.
What do you think? Send us your thoughts and ideas 🙂
Leave a Reply