®Disclosure: I received a free Hamilton Beach® Rice Cooker for my honest review. All opinions and the recipes are my own.
Although I love creating recipes, sometimes I’m just not in the mood to cook, especially when it is 98 degrees outside but thanks to my friends at Hamilton Beach® that changed; This past weekend I tried their rice and cereal cooker and it was amazing! The rice literally cooks by itself while concentrating on the rest of the meal prep.
Since I got extra help thanks to my electric helper, today I’m sharing two easy recipes that go together really well: Fried Pork Chops and rice with tomatoes.
The Pork chops are Juicy and full of flavor and the rice has a nice earthy flavor thanks to the fresh tomatoes.
Fried pork chops and rice with fresh tomatoes sauce
- For the rice with tomatoes
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 3 cups of rinsed white long-grain rice
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt to taste
- For the Pork Chops
- 4 Pork Chops
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- All-purpose flour to dredge pork chops
- Canola oil for frying
- Place 3 cups of chicken stock along with the tomatoes, onions, garlic, and cumin into a blender. Blend really well.
- Place tomato sauce, oil and salt to taste into a rice cooker. Set to WHITE RICE mode (about 45 minutes)
- Heat the canola oil over medium-high heat.
- Mix the flour with the paprika, lemon-pepper seasoning and a bit of salt if necessary.
- Coat each one of the pork chops with the flour mixture.
- Fry until golden brown about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with rice!
Two recipes with a ton of flavor an easy to make! I’ve been using my Hamilton Beach® rice cooker not only to cook rice, but to make delicious recipes using other grains such as quinoa, grits, and even oats. Plus, the rice cooker comes with its own measuring cup and rice rinser/steam basket which is perfect to steam other foods as well.
I love that I can keep my food warm too!
What else would you make using the rice cooker? Share! You can win your own by entering our Instagram giveaway!
Leave a Reply