Just a few ingredients are required to make these delectables pastelillos de guayaba. Are you ready for the recipe?
Growing up in a tropical island is a blessing. We grew up eating so many organic fruits and vegetables; I still remember El Guayabo (Guava Tree) from my neighbor next door–he most beautiful guayabas that I’ve ever seen.
Nowadays, guayabas are found almost everywhere in the United States, which makes it easy for us to recreate those recipes that we grew up eating all the times such as “casquitos de guayaba”. Casquitos are pieces of guava in light syrup (actually, the translation would be, “Guava Helmets” because of the shape of the guava after it has been peeled and halved) also known as guayabas en almibar.
We also have “dulce de guayaba” which is e very well-known dessert and it can be used as a filling for pastries and cakes.
Now as I say before, this recipes is really simple and it only requires 3 ingredients.
A beaten Egg.
Let’s make it easier! Here is the printable Recipe
Pastelillos de guayaba
- 1 Packet Puff Pastry defrost according to packet instructions
- ½ Package Guava Paste
- 1 Egg whisked
- Preheat oven top 400° F degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with partchment paper.
- Unfold one of puff pastry sheets and cut into 9 even squares.
- Cut guava into thin slices and place one slice into each one of the pastry squares.
- Unfold and cut the other pastry sheet into 9 squares as well, and used to cover the squares the guava paste. Use a fork to press firmly aroud the edges.
- Brush a little bit of the whisked egg on top of the pastries for a nice golden colors.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Get the coffee ready peeps cause here come the Guava Pastries.
Let us know your thoughts and as always.