This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LiveForFlavor #VivaLaMorena #AddFlavor #CollectiveBias
Empanadas de Ropa Vieja; a classic and delicious appetizer perfect for the Holidays.
Are you ready for Navidad (Christmas)? I am. I’m ready to share special moments with family and friends; I’m ready and eager to see the little ones opening their presents; and of course, I’m ready to enjoy some delicious traditional Christmas dishes.
This year the preparations have started early in my house; My mom is already making pasteles, my sister made a batch of the traditional coquito and I will contribute to the cause with some delicious empanadas. I mean, Who doesn’t like empanadas?
By the way these are not the traditional beef empanadas; These empanada are extra special because they are made with ropa vieja (shredded beef) plus, I added La Morena® Chipotle Peppers in adobo sauce for an extra kick. Also, I cooked the beef In Knorr® Beef Flavor Bouillon Granulated Bouillon for extra flavor. Knorr® and La Morena® products are high quality ingredients that I can depend on to create delicious meals that bring friends and family together during the special holiday season.
Before I forget… Enter this sweepstakes for more La Morena® and Knorr® Products
Preparing these yummy appetizers is super easy. I’m pretty sure you have most of the ingredients at home; If not, head to Walmart where you can find some of the ingredients such as La Morena® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo, Knorr® Beef Flavor Bouillon Granulated Bouillon and Knorr® Tomato with Chicken Granulated Bouillon. These are available in the Hispanic Aisle.
Empanadas de Ropa Vieja:
- 24 Empanadas discs
- 2 to 2½ Lb. Beef Chuck Bottom Roast
- 1 teaspoon Knorr® Beef Flavor Bouillon Granulated Bouillon-2.2 lbs (no cubes) diluted in 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon Knorr® Tomato with Chicken Granulated Bouillon-2.2 lbs (no cubes) diluted in 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon (about 1 chipotle pepper) La Morena® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo-13 oz can
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Large onion, sliced
- 1 Large green pepper, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- A sprig of thyme
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Season the Beef Chuck roast with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or oven-proof pot, over medium-high heat. Cook the chuck roast for 5 minutes on both sides until turning brown.
- Once is browned, add the vinegar, 1 teaspoon of Knorr® Beef Flavor Bouillon Granulated Bouillon diluted in 1cup of water, 1 teaspoon Knorr® Tomato with Chicken Granulated Bouillon diluted in 1 cup of water, 1 tablespoon of La Morena® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo, garlic, onion, green pepper, thyme and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer.
- Cover pan and baked a 325° for two to three hours or until roast is tender.
- Once cooked, removed the thyme sprigs, bay leaves and garlic. Shred meat with two forks.
For the empanadas.
- Add some of the meat filling to one side of the empanada disc. Fold the dough over to enclose the filling. Press with a fork to seal the edges. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 350° for about 15 to 20 minutes or until empanadas are golden brown.
You can always prep the meat in advance and save it in the fridge for when you need it.
Did you like this twist on the traditional beef empanada? Share with us!
LIVE FOR FLAVOR®!
Adriana Martin says
These are always a hit thanks for sharing yoru secrets with us =) ~ client
A mi hija le encantan las empanadas, creo que estas serian geniales para ella.