Packed with toasted walnuts, fresh carrots, coconut, and raisins, this bread taste just like the classic carrot cake, and the best part is that it is customizable!
Hands down, this is my favorite recipe for carrot bread; It is fool-proof, it requires minimal preparation, and it is super delicious. Remember, I also said it is customizable…because it is! Most of the ingredients can be substituted for others, and it will still come out moist and tasty. For example, an ingredient this recipe calls for is sour cream, but plain yogurt or buttermilk will work perfectly fine. If carrots are not your favorite, try fresh zucchini for delicious zucchini bread; bananas are also good choices or even fresh apples.
Carrots: All you need is one medium shredded carrot (about 1 cup)
Dry mix-ins: Whether it is shredded coconut, walnuts, or any other dry mix-ins, choose up to 1 cup altogether. (see the recipe for amounts I used of each)
Dry ingredients: I used all-purpose flour, white sugar, baking powder, salt, half teaspoon of each, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
Wet Ingredients: Eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla extra, sour cream (plain yogurt or buttermilk will work as well).
Optional: Citrus zest
Here is the recipe.
Carrot bread with coconut, walnuts and raisins.
- 1 cup carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup toasted nuts chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1¼ cup Ap flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon zest optional
- Preheat oven to 350 ° and spread a little butter in a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add the coconut, toasted walnuts, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, sour cream, vanilla, and lemon zest. Add the grated carrot to the egg mixture, then mix with the dry mixture until just combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 30 minutes before serving.
This bread is so delicious!
Get a cup of coffee, and enjoy it! If you liked this recipe, share with us on social media using the hashtag #Johannyskitchen.
As always, happy cooking!