Thanks to Kevin’s Natural Foods for providing their Tikka Masala sauce for this post. All opinions are my own.
You will like this recipe for chickpeas tikka masala if you like bold flavors such as coconut, curry, or cumin.
What’s Tikka Masala?
Tikka Masala is a dish made with chunks of meat (usually chicken) and spices. Masala is the blend of ground spices such as chili peppers, peppercorn, cardamom, cinnamon, etc. and Tikka refers to marinating the meat in such spices and cooking it in a clay or metal oven called Tandoor.
Today’s tikka masala is entirely vegetarian. Instead of chicken, I’m adding chickpeas to my recipe, tomatoes, peppers, and onions. For the sauce, all I’m doing is opening a pouch of Kevin’s Naturals Food Tikka Masala Sauce, add a few cilantro leaves for freshness, and that’s it!
Here is the recipe:
Chickepeas Tikka Masala
- 2 cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 Medium bell pepper sliced julienne style
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 pouches Kevin's Natural Foods Tikka Masala Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh cilantro leaves optional
- In a deep skillet, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and saute the onion and pepper for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until they start to burst open.
- Add the chickpeas and stir until well combined.
- Pour the Tikka Masala sauce and turn heat to low. Simmer the veggies in the sauce for 2 minutes and serve!
This a great recipe for those busy weeknights…or any day!
I like to serve over brown rice or even cauliflower rice.
Kevin’s Natural Foods have other sauces! my next favorite is the Thai Coconut Sauce. I also love the Korean BBQ sauce, especially when I’m grilling. For more inspiration, check their Instagram and Pinterest accounts!
Let us know what you think!