This Chicken tortilla soup is the perfect meal for those chilly winter nights…enjoy!
Although sancocho is my first choice when it comes to hearty soups, I can’t deny that chicken tortilla soup is also one of my favorites. Many people might feel that tortilla soup requires a lot prep time compared to other soups, but I assure you this one is very simple…and oh! so good!
My friend Marisol shared with me her traditional Mexican recipe,(this is an adaptation from it) and since then, it has become one of my family’s favorite dishes.
Recipe for chicken tortilla soup.
- 1 cup of cooked shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken is perfect for this recipe!)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 fresh red peppers, roasted on the stove burner, seeded and cleaned
- 2 corn ears, roasted on the stove burner
- 4 to 5 cups of chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 corn tortillas cut into strips
- Oil to fry the tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- sour cream
This recipe doesn’t call for Jalapeño but you can add some for a nice kick!
Make this recipe and don’t forget to share!