This classic tuna pasta salad is perfect for lunch, dinner or snack.
Tuna pasta salad has been eaten for years; its one of those dishes that everyone has a recipe. A classic tuna salad consist of two ingredients–tuna and mayo. Now, a tuna pasta salad takes more than just tuna and mayo; colorful vegetables can be added to recipe for a more flavorful and hearty dish.
The recipe I’m sharing today it’s hearty and so colorful, and the best part is that you can make it in advance, and chill in refrigerator.
Recipe for Tuna Pasta Salad
- 1 box (7oz) small pasta shells or penne pasta, boiled and drained
- 2 cans of tuna in water, drained
- 3/4 cup of mayonnaise
- small onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup cooked green peas
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl combine tuna, mayo, onions, celery, red pepper, peas and fresh lime juice.
- Add the cooked pasta and season with salt and pepper, toss to coat.
- refrigerate for at least an hour.
Next time you feel like preparing something easy and delicious, try this pasta salad. The whole family will surely enjoy it!
Now tell me, What ingredients do you like to include in your tuna pasta salad?
Let us know!
Happy Cooking y’all!
Leave a Reply