Marinated in a delicious combination of rosemary, garlic, lemon, and olive oil, these Mediterranean Lamb chops are a great addition to your Summer meals!
I’ve always wanted to make lamb chops, but for some reason I was always scared–Little did I know that lamb is rather simple to cook! In the Dominican Republic it is not very common to eat this delectable meat, however Lamb has always been one of those exotic meat (at least for me) that I eat every time I get the opportunity.
For many cultures sheep meat or Lamb is very popular. In fact, Lamb is one of the earliest proteins consume by humans. In the Caribbean is more common to eat goat meat instead of sheep; both meats have a similar flavor and are seasoned the same way.
Garlic, rosemary and olive oil are very common ingredients in Mediterranean cuisine and they go really well with lamb.
Grilled Mediterranean Lamb Chops
- 4 to Lambs chop
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- the zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large storage bag place the chops along with the minced garlic cloves, rosemary, zest on one lemon, and lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Seal tight, massage and let it marinate for a least an hour in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator at least 15 minutes before grilling.
- Heat the grill or a grill pan to high heat, sear for about 4 minutes. Flip the chops and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes for medium to well-done.
- Serve with veggies or rice.
With just a few ingredients you will have a delicious meal in no time!
Did you like this recipe for grilled Mediterranean lamb chops? Share with us!
My husband would love this 🙂