These easy chicken fajitas are the perfect meal for busy weeknights. Vegetables, tortillas, and chicken for dinner…Hello? What can be easier for a weeknight meal?
Edited: Leave the lime juice for the end instead of adding it to the marinating process. See recipe for changes.
A fajita is a Tex-Mex dish that consists of grilled meat, peppers, and onions on a flour or corn tortilla, but what really makes this recipe is the combination of different spices like cumin, pepper flakes, and oregano.
I love the traditional skirt steak fajitas, but the chicken version of this dish is pretty tasty as well. To make the chicken fajitas, I like to place the chicken in a food storage bag and let the chicken marinate with the spices, the juice of one lime, and olive oil, then I place the bag in the fridge for at least half-hour, and voila!
Once the fajitas are done, you can serve them with warm tortillas, rice, and a bunch of condiments and toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes, pico de gallo salsa, etc.
Chicken Fajitas recipe:
1-All you need is about 2 lbs. of chicken breast.
2-Place the chicken in a food storage bag and pour olive oil.
3- Sprinkle with fajita seasoning.
4-Seal the bag and place it in the fridge for a half-hour or so.
6-Slice one onion and two peppers (any color)
7-In a large skillet, cook the chicken, cook the chicken for about 10 minutes.
9-Add the vegetables, let them cook with the chicken, and done!
Here is the Printable recipe:
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast slice into strips
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2 large bell peppers thinly sliced (any color)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- The juice of 1/2 lime.
- ½ tbsp chili powder
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp dry oregano
- ½ tbsp pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- pinch of sugar
- Flour tortillas
- salsa or pico de gallo
- shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes
- Mix all the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the chicken strips in a large storage food bag, and add the fajita seasoning and oil. Let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or so.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sear the chicken strips for about 10 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked, add the peppers and onions. Stir until well combined and cook for another 5 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- Add the lime juice and serve immediately with the tortillas.
Make the Fajita seasoning in large batches and save for next time!
Make this easy recipe, and don’t forget the Guacamole.
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do! Please share your ideas with us, and as always…