These Brussel sprouts with bacon, garlic and caramelized shallots is the perfect side dish for the holidays.
Ok. I needed to edit this post as ( I feel) the pictures did not do any justice. Also, If you are an avid follower, you probably remember that I did not like Brussels Sprouts at all until my sister-in-law brought them to a family gathering.
Brussels Sprouts are simple to prepare and they will absorb the flavor of any seasoning you put on them; Whether steamed, roasted or sautéed, these cute little mini cabbages look alike are delicious and perfect any time of the year.
Brussel sprouts with bacon, garlic and caramelized shallots.
Today I’m sharing with you my friends, my favorite way to prepare these delectable cruciferous. Adding shallots and crispy bacon gives them a je ne sais quoi (Excuse my French!) that makes the Brussels Sprouts irresistible.
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts, washed and halved
- 4 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut off the ends of the Brussels sprouts and remove any of the yellow outer leaves.
- Cook the bacon until crisp in a skillet over medium-high heat. Remove and set aside.
- Toss some of the fat from the cooked bacon and in the same skillet cook the shallots until soft and then add the garlic. Stir
- Add the Brussels sprouts and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chicken stock, salt and pepper to taste and let cook until Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Transfer to a plate and add the bacon.
As you see this recipe is SO EASY! and I promise you, everyone will love it! My daughter is a picky eater and she fell in love with this dish.
So are you ready to make it? let us know how it comes out and as always…