This recipe is completely different from Shrimp Scampi; which is also a garlic based recipe. This one is more like stewed shrimp.
- 1 pound of shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red Bell pepper, cut Julienne style
- 1 teaspoon of sofrito
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
Season the shrimp with salt, black pepper and lemon juice.
In a sauce pan heat the oil on medium-low heat. Add the garlic and stir for about 1 minute, Stir in the bell pepper, tomato paste, sofrito and water. Let the tomato paste dissolve completely.
Add the shrimp and cook until pink throughout.