- Bananas are among the most consumed fruits on the world.
- They are high in potassium.
- Potassium helps nerves and muscles to work properly.
- Bananas are considered a white fruit.
- They are cholesterol free.
- 1 banana, mashed (about a cup)
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted walnuts, chopped
- 1-1/4 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooled and melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Preheat the oven to 350º. Lightly butter one 8-by-4 inch loaf pan.
Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl; add the walnuts.
In a medium bowl, whisk two eggs, cooled melted butter, sour cream and vanilla.
Stir the banana into the egg mixture, then fold into the dry mixture until just combined.
Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before serving.