Easy grilled salmon with chimichurri sauce
When it comes to a simple meal, this grilled salmon with chimichurri sauce is the perfect (and delicious!) solution for busy days
Many people might think that running a blog is rather simple, however, a blog (especially a food blog) takes lots of work. Between food shopping for a specific recipe, cooking, styling, taking and editing pictures and eventually writing the post it can take hours, days and even weeks!
On that note, I’ve been creating recipes it just taking a little more time than usual for me to post them. If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen some pictures of the recipes I have been working on lately.
Today I want to share one of those recipes!
About three weeks ago I posted a picture of a salmon dish with chimichurri sauce; For those who don’t know, in the Dominican Republic, we have a sandwich named chimichurri but in other Latin American countries there is also a parsley-based sauce named chimichurri as well.
The recipe I’m sharing today is for the sauce–don’t worry I will share the recipe for chimichurri sandwiches soon–This sauce goes well with steak, fish and everything else!
- To grill the salmon
- 4 salmon fillets (about two pounds)
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tbs of canola oil
- For the chimichurri sauce
- 1 cup of fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- The juice of one lime
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Make the chimichurri sauce by blending the parsley, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, oregano, pepper flakes, and salt. Set aside.
- Season the fish on both sides with the lemon-pepper seasoning.
- In a large skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. Cook salmon 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until fish is fork tender.
Are you ready to make this recipe? Let us know how it comes out and as always…