Looking for something healthy? look no further, this easy NiÇoise Salad will surely satisfy your cravings! 🙂
Hi everyone it has been a while.
I’ve been going through what we call in the bloggers (and writers) world, “writer’s block” but here I am again doing what I do best! No, I’m not talking about writing, I’m talking about cooking and sharing my recipes with you all.
As soon as a new year starts we all become health conscious and all we want to do is eat better-for-you meals; so today I’m sharing with you a recipe that is healthy, tasty and oh so good for you.
Salade NiÇoise (pronounce nee-swaz) comes from France– to be specific, the French city of Nice. I first learned about it as I was reading a food magazine and immediately caught my attention because it is pack with a bunch of protein such as tuna and eggs, and all kinds of veggies.
The original salad calls for anchovies and NiÇoise olives, but again, tuna will work perfectly and of course, black olives are perfect as well.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 Small head of lettuce (your choice) chopped
- About 5 to 6 baby potatoes, boiled in salted water and sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ Lb. of haricot verts (string beans), trimmed and steamed in salted water
- 2 cans tuna in oil, drained
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup of Nicoise or black olives
- ¾ cup of good olive oil
- ¼ apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a jar, cover with a lid and shake well. Set aside.
- Place the chopped lettuce in a serving platter.
- Arrange the sliced potatoes, tomatoes, tuna, eggs, greens beans and olives on top of the lettuce.
- Top with the sliced onions and drizzled with the dressing
Serve warm or room temperature!
Tell me what do you think about this easy recipe and as always…