Celebrate the holidays with a delicious yet straightforward apple tart made with Granny Smiths and Golden delicious apples.
Do you love Autumn? Cause I certainly do! I love the cool breeze early in the morning, but I also enjoy when the day gets warmer as the evening approaches; I love the Fall colors and the smell of delicious fresh pies. Ahhh, nothing like “Sweater Weather.”
Something that my family and I enjoy during this season is apple picking. We visit pick-your-own farms every year, and every year it is a new experience. I can’t wait to go and pick fresh apples!
My favorite apples for pie and why:
Granny Smiths: Granny Smith apples, although they are very tart, are high in pectin, which works as a natural thickener and stabilizer. Plus, Granny Smiths’ apple holds its shape together as it cooks.
Golden Delicious brings sweetness, but they will slightly break down and lose their shapes. That’s why using a combination of both apples makes the perfect pie!
But what do you do after you picked up a bunch of apples? Well, there are many recipes out there, such as apple sauce, apple bread, candy apples, and my favorite, apple pies! But to celebrate the “sweater weather” today, I want to share a delicious apple tart. Are you ready for the recipe?
Recipe for Apple Tart:
prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20 Minutes
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- One teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- One teaspoon of lime or lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of cold butter divided into little pieces
- One sheet store-bought refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box.
- egg wash (1 beaten egg with a little bit of water)
Leave a Reply