Impress your family this summer with this Caribbean shrimp salad, which is satisfying, economical, and easy to prepare.
Nothing beats the summer heat like a refreshing salad, and this one is no exception. The combination of fresh vegetables such as red onions, tomatoes, and cilantro, reminds me of a delicious Pico de Gallo but packed with protein.
This salad calls for veggies such as cherry tomatoes (I like different colors), red onions, fresh peppers, and cilantro, however, feel free to add any other vegetable. If you prefer a more fulfilling dish, you can also add chickpeas and even roasted corn.
Very simple–fresh lime juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper!
Before preparing the salad, shrimps should be cooked and cooled before adding to the fresh vegetables; I seasoned them with paprika (for extra color), salt and pepper, and then sautéed them in a little bit of olive oil until they are bright pink.
Shrimps are ready for the salad…
Here is the recipe.
Caribbean Shrimp Salad
- ½ lb large shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 1 red, orange or green pepper diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- ½ cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil divided
- the juice of one lime
- salt and black pepper to taste
- paprika optional
- Season the shrimps with salt, black pepper and paprika.
- In large skillet over medium heat, add one tablespoon of olive oil and cook shrimp until pink. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all vegetables, and once the shrimps are cooled, add them to the bowl as well.
- Add the fresh lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Let the salad cool in the refrigerator for a least 20 minutes before serving.
As always, make this recipe and let us know your thoughts. Share with us on social media using the hashtag #johannyskitchen.