This shop for chayote, carrot and egg salad has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Mazola® Corn Oil. All opinions and recipe are mine alone. #simpleswap #CollectiveBias
A couple of nights ago, as I was getting ready to cook Steak to eat with my chayote, carrot and egg salad; It came to mind that I needed to create a “better for you” meal, so I decided to swap the steak just for the boiled eggs and my beautiful vegetables, and drizzle the salad with guilt-free Caribbean salad dressing made with Mazola® Corn Oil, onions, garlic and lime juice. I decided to use Mazola Corn Oil instead of olive oil. A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil! To learn more about this claim, see Mazola.com.
I grew up eating ensalada hervida (boiled salad), Mi mama used to make it all time– It’s one of those fool-proof recipes that is guilt-free, inexpensive and oh, so tasty!
Let’s get to the recipe!
Chayote, carrot and egg salad with Caribbean dressing.
- 2 chayotes, peeled and halves
- 2 medium carrots, washed and peeled
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, mashed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix corn oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl; add the onions slices and garlic and set aside.
- In a Medium size pot, boil the chayote squash and carrot for 10 to 12 minutes. Add the eggs and boil for about 6 more minutes.
- Let the vegetables and eggs cool down before peeling and slicing.
- Arrange the sliced vegetable and eggs In a plate.
- Drizzle with the dressing and enjoy!
How simple is that!? With a salad so complete like this one there is no need for extra protein as the eggs are more than enough; but when it comes to the veggies you can definitely add others such as potatoes, broccoli and even asparagus! For the dressing Mazola Corn Oil is perfect since it has a neutral taste that won’t negatively impact the taste of the ingredients, so it lets the natural flavor of your food stand out.
Hope you like this easy recipe!
What tasty (and better for you) recipe can you prepare with Mazola® Corn Oil? Share!