This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions and ideas are mine alone. #SienteGlade #CollectiveBias
Although my blog is mostly about food and recipes; now and then I like to write and share pictures about my travels as well as my DIY projects.
El día de hoy (Today) I want to share one of my favorites DIY projects: Distressed Mason Jars.
Me encantan (I love) Mason Jars…
Mason Jars are so versatile; can be use for decoration as well as for storing herbs and spices en mi cocina (in my kitchen).
Also, I like to use the jars as flatware organizers. Asi es! (that’s right!) If you are having a gathering or a picnic, mason jars are perfect to organize all your utensils.
Give the Jars your persona touch: A couple of days ago, as I was getting ready to light a Glade® Radiant Berries™ Candle, (which I found at my local Target!) and the idea of decorating Mason Jars, inspired in the colors of berries, came to me. Perfecto! (Perfect) Adding some color to my DIY will surely make my home feel bright and full of energy.
I’m telling you, Glade® Radiant Berries™ Candles or PlugIns® Scented Oil bring a bright feeling into your life.
Now let’s get ready to add some color to our Mason Jars 🙂
To distress the Jars you will need:
- Chalked paint (found at any craft store)
- Mason Jars
- A small paintbrush or sponge.
- A nail File (not show in the picture)
This DIY is so simple, just follow these steps.
- First, Start with one coat of paint. Let the Mason Jars dry completely (about 1 hour)
- Second, apply a second coat of paint. Let the Jars dry for about 12 hours ( I did it overnight)
- Third, using a nail file; start distressing your jars. Start with the top and along the lines, any letters or pictures.
- Now, your jars are ready!
Facil verdad! (easy right!) You can use them for parties, as flowers pots, or simply decoration.
I love DIYs, especially when they brighten my life, like the new Glade® Radiant Berries™ Candles and Plugins® Scented Oil.
What DIY makes you feel Bright? Share?
and don’t forget…
Feel Bright. Feel Glade®