Made with fresh vegetables, this Summer Pasta Salad bring freshness to your Summer gatherings.
Well Peeps, Summer has officially began! Time start cooking delicious and refreshing food. I love the warm weather (Hello! I come from an Tropical island) and I LOVE to make simple yet delicious food during this time of the year.
Today I want to share one of my favorites dishes: Summer Pasta Salad. This chilled pasta salad is the perfect complement for any grilled protein or just by itself.
To this salad I added mini-mozzarella cheese with basil, which I found at my local supermarket but feel free to add any cheese that you like. Also, You can add as many vegetables as you like. I’m adding black olives, cucumbers and peppers.
Recipe for about 4-6 people:
- 1 package (16 oz) Penne Pasta
- 3/4 cup of mini mozzarella cheese with basil. ( or any other cheese cut into small cubes)
- 3/4 cup black olives, diced
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1 large green pepper, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup of store-bought Italian dressing
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste (optional)
-Cook pasta according to packages directions, drain.
-Place the pasta in a large salad bowl. Add the vegetables, mozzarella cheese, salt, black pepper and the salad dressing. Combine well.
-Refrigerate to chill before serving.
-Sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving.
So simple, right?
I hope you like this recipe just like I do.
Do you have a Summer food recipe that you really enjoy? Share with us!