This pasta with cherry tomatoes, basil and garlic comes together in 20 minutes or less, and it’s perfect to celebrate spring.
Yay! spring is finally here, and I can’t wait to start gardening my favorites herbs and veggies. Let me tell you that the weather has been crazy the past couple of weeks; we had snow in spring, lots of rain and bitter cold, but thank God spring decided to arrive and I hope it stays for a while. **happy dance**
Today I want to share a recipe that celebrates spring in a colorful (and tasty!) way! it is made with two of my favorites locally grown veggies: cherry tomatoes and basil.
The ingredients for this pasta with cherry tomatoes, basil and garlic can be found throughout the year!
Recipe for pasta with cherry tomatoes, basil, and garlic
- 1 (12 oz.) box of penne pasta (I used tricolor pasta)
- 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ of fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- A pinch of sugar
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- I large pot of boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil and add the tomatoes, garlic and pinch of sugar.
- Let the tomatoes cook, stirring occasionally until tomatoes bursts.
- Add the basil, pepper flakes, salt and black pepper,
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the sauce.
- Toss until evenly coated and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
This pasta goes really well with grilled chicken, fish, and it is perfect for meatless Mondays 🙂
Tell us, what’s your favorite spring recipe?