Tired of making the same side dish? Learn how to cook fingerling potatoes with this easy recipe for paprika roasted fingerling potatoes.
I was not a fan of potatoes until I found the fingerlings. These small finger-shaped potatoes are perfect for roasting due to their creamy and firm texture.
Now let me explain…
I do cook “regular” potatoes quite often, but I feel they are very bland. On the other side, fingerling potatoes are creamier and even a little sweet compared to any other variety of potatoes. Also, keep in mind that due to their firm texture their are perfect for roasting; and even boiled for potatoes salads, but not so much for mashing.
Today I want to show you an easy way to roast fingerling potatoes. This recipe is easy to make and you can pair it with your favorite dip for a tasty appetizer or serve as a side dish with your favorite protein!
Paprika Roasted Fingerling Potatoes.
- 1 lb. of fingerling potatoes, washed and halves
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of smoked or regular paprika
- black pepper and salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a medium bowl, add the potatoes, smoked paprika, olive oil, salt and black pepper.
- Coat the potatoes with the oil and spices.
- In a baking sheet, arrange the potatoes in one single layer.
- Place potatoes in the oven and roast for about 25 minutes.
- Potatoes are done when crispy outside but fork tender inside.
- Serve with fish, grilled chicken or beef.
Yummy right? Let us know what you think about this new recipe and don’t forget to give us a like on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!