A semi-homemade tangerine cake made with store-bought yellow cake mix, and fresh tangerine juice for extra flavor.
Hi amigos! It’s been a while. I’m so happy to be back and eager to see what this new year is going to bring for my family and I.
This past holiday week I’ve being cleaning, organizing the house and spending much-needed time with the family… What about you? Also, I’ve being doing a lot cooking; and with cooking comes the development of new recipes and new ideas for the blog.
This year I have a new goal: To create easy recipes that will not required a lot time in the kitchen, and to start I want to share an easy tangerine cake.
A cake mix has the instructions in the back of the box. All you have to do is substitute any liquid (usually water) for tangerine juice and add the tangerine zest for extra flavor.
Recipe for Tangerine cake:
- 1 package of yellow cake mix
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of fresh Tangerine juice
- 3 Large eggs
- the zest of one tangerine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease cake pan and flour lightly.
- In a large bowl, blend cake mix with tangerine juice, zest, softened butter and eggs at low speed until moistened.
- Pour batter in cake pan and bake in the oven for about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and cool on wire rack before removing from pan.
- Serve with coffee or hot chocolate
As you can see this recipe is rather simple; All I did was follow the cake batter instructions and substituted some of the Ingredients. The end results where amazing!
Try this recipe and surprise your family and friends. Share with us your thoughts.