A simple yet delicious apple tart made with Granny smiths and Golden delicious apples.
Do you love Autumn? I do. I love the cool breeze early in the morning but I also enjoy when the day gets warmer as the evening approaches; I love the Fall colors and the smell of delicious fresh pies. Ahhh, nothing like “Sweater Weather”.
Something that I really enjoy during this season is apple picking. My family and I go every year, and every time we go is a new experience. I can’t wait to go and pick fresh apples!
To celebrate the “sweater weather” today, I want to share a delicious tart. Are your ready?
Recipe for Apple Tart:
prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20 Minutes
- 2 Granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of lime or lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of cold butter divided in little pieces
- 1 sheet store bought refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box.
- egg wash (1 beaten egg with a little bit of water)