Disclosure: This is not a paid post, I received a free product for review.
Dollops of crunchy peanut butter combined with store bought brownie mix, to make these simple-yet-delicious, crunchy peanut butter swirl brownies.
Ok, Let’s be honest. Who has the time to make brownies from scratch? Not me! Specially when you can find all sorts of good quality brownie mixes at your local grocery store. What I DO like, is to add my personal touch to each one of the recipes that I share through this blog, either by adding a special ingredient or changing a bit the original recipe, adding your personal touch ( and love!) will make everything taste better.
Not too long ago I tried Pic’s Peanut Butter , a New Zealand based peanut butter brand made with hi-oleic peanuts. Hi-oleic peanuts are higher in oleic acid (an unsaturated fat ) compared to other peanuts; I LOVE the flavor of Pic’s Crunchy Peanut Butter, so I decided to add it to my favorite brownies. Now, this recipe is not a low-calories recipes by no means, but it does taste delicious and the fact that I use crunchy peanut butter makes it extra scrumptious.
Here is the easy recipe…
- 1 box of good quality brownie mix
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs (or what the mix calls for)
- 3 tbsp. of water (or what the recipe calls for)
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ of Pic's Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 8x8 baking pan.
- Preheat the oven 350 F
- Spray a 8X8 cooking pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, Stir brownie mix, water, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Heat the peanut butter in the microwave 10 seconds, stir.
- Add spoonful of peanut butter into the batter and swirls with a toothpick.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or according to packages direction.
- Let it cool an cut into squares.
Some facts about Pic’s Peanut Butter:
- Contains no emulsifiers, it will separate after a few months with oil rising to the top. This is ok!
- 988 split peanut kernels go to into each 380G jar.
- Based in New Zealand, Pic’s was founded in 2007 by Pic’s Picot and since then, it has become New Zealand’s #1 selling peanut butter.
Now tell me that’s not the easiest brownie recipe ever? So get your glass of milk, try these crunchy peanut butter swirl brownies and let us know your thoughts…