This post is intended for an audience of adults age 21 and older. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company All opinions are mine alone. #CookingWithCoke #CollectiveBias
If you are passionate about the culinary world, you probably heard about the Food Network and Cooking Channel Wine and Food Festival in New York City— An event that takes place every year filled with delicious food, renowned chefs, and great entertainment. As always the festival will showcase some of my favorites chefs from Food Network and guess what?… Before we get into today’s recipe I want to share with you this cool text-to-win promo! Just text* CHEF to 26739 and you can enter for a chance to cook, eat and drink with award-winning Chef Aarón Sánchez in the Coca-Cola® Kitchen at the Food Network and Cooking Channel New York City Wine and Food Festival presented by Capital One!
This is a great opportunity to meet and cook with Aarón Sánchez, an award-winning chef, restaurateur, cookbook author, and TV personality. The chef is also well known for his recurrence appearances as a judge for the Food Network’s hit series Chopped.
Talking about Coca-Cola® and cooking, I’m sharing a recipe that goes well with this refreshing drink: Grilled Teriyaki Shrimp Skewers.
After taking a trip to ShopRite® to buy groceries, I got inspired and recreated their recipe for grilled teriyaki shrimps; This recipe is simple yet flavorful, and it uses labor-saving ingredients such as their Wholesome Pantry Raw Shrimp and ShopRite Trading Company Teriyaki Sauce. Also, I adapted the recipe a little bit by adding fresh peppers and onions.
Grilled Teriyaki Shrimp Skewers.
- 1 lb. Wholesome Pantry Raw Shrimp, thawed.
- 1 bottle of ShopRite Trading Company Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 large Red Pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- Cooked white rice or basmati rice for serving.
- Wooden skewers or metal skewers for grilling
- If, using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes or more.
- In the meantime, combine the shrimp, pineapple chunks, red pepper, red onion and teriyaki sauce in a large bowl. Let it marinade for 20 minutes.
- Assembly skewers, alternating shrimp with pineapple, onions and red pepper, fitting as many as you can in one skewer.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high and cook the skewers for about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Serve over rice.
Prep this easy recipe and don’t forget to enter for a chance to cook, eat and drink with award-winning chef and television personality Aarón Sánchez!