Disclosure: I received a free Vacuvita® Vacuum Sealer for my honest review. All opinions and the recipe for Citrus Marinated Pork Ribs are my own.
Hola 🙂 I know I’ve been a little quiet lately, but here I am again ready to share more recipes and content with all of you! In fact, I’ve been working extra hard the last couple of months–attending conferences, taking online classes and trying new recipes and amazing products!
Talking about sharing, there is one gadget that I think you will be happy to learn about, it’s call Vacuvita®…
The Vacuvita is a modern fully-automated storage system that keeps food fresh for a longer time. The system removes air and store food in an airtight environment that protects foods against humidity and other outside influences; But not only does this modern day gadget keeps your food fresh, it also helps to cook–Yes! the Vacuvita system brings vacuum bags perfect for sous-vide cooking and for marinating food in less time.
Today I’ll be showing you how to make these delicious citrus marinated pork ribs; I’ll be using the Vacuvita vacuum bags to marinate the pork ribs in less time.
Let me show you the recipe and how I did it!
- ½ rack pork ribs (about 8 spare ribs)
- the juice of 1 big lime
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Make the marinate by blending all the spices and fresh herbs with the olive oil and the lime juice.
- In a Vacuvita vacuum bag, place the pork ribs, add the seasoning previously made and seal completely.
- Using the Vacuvita System, vacuum all the air (see picture below) and let the ribs marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Place the ribs in a roasting pan and cook uncovered for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the ribs are very tender.
These ribs are so juicy and tender!
Amazing right? Not only I use the Vacuvita system as vacuum sealer, but also to storage bread and fruits too! If you want to learn more about it visit www.Vacuvita.com
What others recipes would you make using the Vacuvita? share!