Get ready for your cookouts with this refreshing chickpea salad– very light, refreshing and full of flavor!
Note: This post is back from 2015. I decided to retake the pictures because those I had did not do justice to the recipe. The recipe and content is the same.
Summer this year has been unbearable, the high temperatures make it almost impossible for me to cook. I have been preparing smoothies, sandwiches and salads because they are very refreshing, besides preparing this type of food does not require much time in the kitchen.
This chickpea salad is made with canned chickpeas, Persian cucumbers and radishes. It will keep you satisfied thanks to the high protein content in the chickpeas, in addition, the radishes and cucumber are so refreshing which makes it perfect for the hot Summer months.
The original recipe calls for fresh tomatoes, however tomatoes are not shown in these pictures but feel free to add them!
Recipe for chickpea salad:
Ingredients for the salad:
- 1 Can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 Radishes, washed and cubed
- 2 Persian cucumbers, washed and cubed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, washed and cubed
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- the juice of 2 fresh limes
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro, washed thoroughly
- salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl mix the onion, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all the vegetables and add the dressing. For better flavor place in the fridge for a least 30 minutes.
Enjoy for lunch or dinner!
What other vegetables would you add to this recipe? Share! for more inspiration here is a similar one made with hot sauce instead of Jalapeños!
As always, happy cooking!